April 20 2019
- JS Record Collection
- Difficult exercise. I feel like it took me 3 days just to get around to and even when I was trying to take a jab at it I couldn't understand. Being transparent - I went straight for the solution. I thought maybe if I tried working backwards it would make more sense but it doesn't. Bookmarking this one to come back to later for more practice.
- While loop
- Incorrect on the first try. Wouldn't know how to set this up in the beginning.
- For loop
- Correct on the first try! Talked myself through it out loud, no distractions. First exercise on screencast. (May upload on YouTube, haven't decided yet.)
- Iterate odd numbers with for loop
- Correct on first try except that I missed putting the 'i' in 'var i = 1'.
- Counting backwards with for loop
- Correct on the first try!
- Iterate through an array with a for loop
- Correct on first try - needed to use setup to get set up (lol). Stated in screencast that I wouldn't know to do this off the bat if something like this was given to me as a coding challenge.
- Nesting for loops
- Had to check solution in order to figure this one out. Still don't completely understand. Omitted 'console.log()' line and replaced with 'product = product * arr[i][j]'. Would not know to get to this point even after reading prompt.